Diode Laser Usage For Surgical Procedures
A Diode Laser is a semiconductor device similar to a light-emitting diode in which a diode pumped directly with electrical current can create lasting conditions at the diode’s junction. Driven by voltage, the doped p-n-transition allows for the recombination of an electron with a hole. Due to the drop of the electron from a higher energy level to a lower one, radiation, in the form of an emitted photon is generated. This is called spontaneous emission. Stimulated emission in the Diode Laser is produced when the process is continued further generating light with the same phase, coherence, and wavelength.
However, the choice of the semiconductor material used in Diode Laser ascertains the wavelength of the emitted beam, which in today’s Diode Laser range from infrared to the UV spectrum. Diode Laser or Laser Diode is the most common type of laser-produced, with a wide array of uses and applications that include fiber optic communications, barcode readers, laser pointers, CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc, reading/recording, laser printing, laser scanning, and light beam illumination apart from its extensive use in surgical procedures nowadays.
1. Diode Laser in Proctology Treatment (980nm)-Diode lasers are clinically used in all types of proctology surgical treatments. Haemorrhoids (Piles), Fissure, Fistula & Pilonidal Sinuses are most commonly treated with soft tissue diode laser having frequency of 980nm. Diode has capacity of 8W to 20W, as per market availability. cThese lasers are safe, less pain and has less blood loss intraoperatively.
2. Diode Laser in Vascular Treatment (1470nm~ 1940nm)-Varicose veins are commonly performed vascular surgeries by soft tissue diode lasers. It works best at low watt (6W to 10W). Varicose vein, spider vein and other tubal ablation procedures are well performed with this lasers.
3. Diode Laser Resection of Prostate (980nm)-Diode lasers are clinically used in two types of prostatectomy procedures: Diode Laser vaporization of the prostrate (DiVAP) and Diode Laser enucleation of the prostate (DiLEP), proven to be highly safe intraoperative techniques characterized by hemostasis and coagulative properties of
4. Diode Lasers in Fixed Prosthetic & Cosmetic Reconstruction-Diode laser delivers wavelengths ranging from 810-1064 nm, are compact, portable solid-state units, strictly used for soft tissue procedures penetrating 2-3 mm or more into soft tissue, depending on wavelength and tissue biotype. They are ideal for cutting melanotic or highly vascularized soft tissues, providing hemostasis.
5. Wound Healing-Diode Laser is very effective for soft tissue applications like incision, hemostasis, and coagulation studies demonstrate enhanced, faster, and more comfortable wound healing when Diode Laser is used in conjunction with SRP.
6. Laser Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia-Diode lasers being small, low-cost lasers, recently introduced in urological practice, wavelength ranging between 760-1500 nm, are used in contact mode for prostate vaporization of prostate adenoma.
7. Anaesthesia for Laser Airway Surgery-Diode Laser is effective for the treatment of hyperplastic inferior nasal turbinates providing good hemostasis and sufficient reduction of tumors in otolaryngology practice. It’s suitable for vascular lesions, for removing and debulking airway pathology, including tumors throughout the airway.
8. Management of Diabetic Retinopathy & Diabetic Maculopathy-laser, surgical & medical approaches-Diode Laser is an effective treatment for managing diabetic retinopathy and diabetic maculopathy by reducing diabetic macular oedema and stabilizing changes in the eyes caused by diabetes thereby stopping your vision from getting any worse.
9. Regenerative Laser Periodontal Therapy-Diode Laser is very much beneficial and effective for the treatment of debridement in the periodontal pocket for addressing the infectious component of periodontitis, periodontal regeneration. One of the goals of periodontal therapy is to reduce bacterial deposits in the pockets and
enhance clinical attachment.
10. Oral Surgery for General Practitioner-Many manufacturers produces diode lasers delivering wavelengths in the range of 805-1064 nm. They’re compact and portable in design and are relatively inexpensive surgical units with efficient and reliable benefits for use in soft tissue oral surgical procedures. Apart from various soft tissue oral surgical procedures, Diode Laser has become as popular as CO2 lasers in the treatment of peri-implantitis as they offer a bactericidal effect without causing implant surface alterations.
The PassBox® comes up with its revolutionary product Lasotronix Smart M 980nm/15W Laser Machine for Proctology to put an end to all your worries and concerns! Lasotronix Model-Smart M Diode Laser machine for proctology has an edge over others in terms of high success rate, minimal blood loss, quick relief, no anal incontinence, incredible surgical precision, no threats of severe infection, maximum preservation of Sphincter Muscle Structures, immediate aesthetic results, little or no downtime, minimal to no visible scarring, a lower percentage of recurrence, completed within an hour, fewer complications, etc.
The Passbox’s Lasotronix Smart M 980 nm/15W Laser Machine for Proctology is used for treating haemorrhoids, Fistulas, Pilonidal cysts, and other anal conditions causing unpleasant discomfort to patients. The use of diode lasers speeds up treatment time, giving better and long-lasting results while minimizing side effects. Lasotronix Smart M Laser Diode is cost-effective, portable, weighing 2.5 kg with high safety features, easy-to-handle, low operating cost, pre-set procedures and customized program, and a large touch-screen LCD multilingual display. It comes with a Laser Main Unit, Power Cable & Adaptor, Bare Fibre, Radial Fibre, Hand-piece, Safety Glass, Smart USB Keys, Carrying Case, and User Manual. Avail of its benefits soon!